
This would be the thing that I hate the most about moving to a new town. No, I don't hate the church. I hate trying to find a new church to be a part of. We came from The Heights in Prescott, which was an awesome church family to be a part of. Great teaching, AWESOME worship, incredible people.
We know that in order for us to meet other Christian couples we have to get involved in a church up here soon. So yesterday we went and tried a church just a few miles from our house. The church will remain nameless for the duration of this blog.
Now I'm not one of those people that nit picks about whether or not I was greeted appropriately when I walked thru the front. Being sort of an undercover person makes me not even want to be talked to really. I'm looking for good, solid Bible based teaching and if the worship is great, I'll take that too. I do have to state that this particular church is a satellite of a bigger main church. Meaning that all 4 campuses watch the main pastor teach via tv.
The campus pastor starts the service in prayer, a good way to start all things. All the people in the congregation start yelling prayers at the same time and not a person in the place isn't raising their hands. Except for us. I find it important to mention that we sat about 4 rows from center stage. We stood there awkwardly for the duration of the prayer and 3-4 songs that they managed to play to death. It made singing 12 verses of a hymn look easy going. The announcements were done by people who were celebrity look alikes. We swear Sandra Bullock was a hired to give their announcements.
Time for video pastor to give the message. The sermon was titled the Decade of Enlargement. Maybe a title better used for a Viagra ad. He had hand gestures that went with it and at one point Tye leaned over to ask me why this pastor was so angry. Red in the face, yelling for 30 minutes. The best part about video pastor, he can see each campus but he can't hear you. Weirdly people were yelling at the screen in response to him. Like he could HEAR them. Another statement about Enlargement and while standing Tye's belt buckle popped right open, leading to an uncontrollable laugh from us. Service ended with a eyes closed, heads bowed, hands raised if you want to accept Jesus. Funny. We do that at camp with 4th graders.
It was a funny awkward service and we are still shopping and praying to get in a church that we feel connected to.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Ok, I heard this story in person and reading it I'm still laughing just as hard! Hang in there, you two. The perfect church is waiting for you and you will find it soon!
Post a Comment