Friday, February 26, 2010

More interesting Washington stuff

If you've ever been to the Northwest, you know about coffee. It's on every corner and sometimes twice on the same corner. You stop into a Starbucks to pick up some coffee and by the time you finish it down the block, you can pop into another Starbucks and pick up a cup of coffee so that you can make it across the street without being coffeeless. It's a beautiful thing.
We have found that they have almost as many tanning salons as they do coffee joints. We came to the conclusion that because the sun is never out here, you have to go to a salon so you don't look like an albino walking around. I counted 10 salons within 15 minutes of our house. It's pretty incredible. I'm so used to just going outside and having the sun do it's thing. If you live in the sun, don't take it for granted. We have to pay to see the sun.

And until the sun comes out again for us in the Northwest, I'll just look like the girl in this picture below. And yes, you can see my organs thru my stomach because I am practically invinsible in skin color.

No comments: