*A man ran by us yesterday while we were out mountain biking. He was wearing a button-down dress shirt tucked into Dockers pants complete with a belt. He had dress shoes, a nice watch, and an ipod on. I believe he was sitting in church listening to the message titled "Run from Satan" and he didn't wait one minute to get started.
*A few weeks ago I was at WalMarts getting groceries and got into the 15 items or less line (Don't worry, this story is not about me having more items and sneaking into that line). The checker was doing her thing and was getting ready to put my shaving cream and ink cartridge in a seperate bag when I told her to just throw it in a bag that already had stuff in it. Not wanting to waste a bag, you know. She gave me a disgusted look and said, "are you serious?". I looked in the bag to find my chicken and ground beef in it. I said, "yes" and she put it in there begrudgingly. I apparently was not concerned enough about my shaving cream and ink cartridge getting salmonella poisoning.
*We live in a sort of Mexican part of town. Just about everyone in our apartment complex is Mexican. A lady came to our door today inviting us to an Herbalife thing down in the local shopping center. The shopping center is filled with Mexican restaurants, grocery, etc. Tye answered the door and talked to her for a few minutes about her event and then asked him if there were any other Latinos in the apartment complex. He tried his best not to laugh while he pointed out who he thought was a Latino living on our street. When he got done talking with her he closed the door and said, "I suppose I have been out in the sun a little bit. Funny, she thought I was Latino."
1 comment:
You forced that poor cashier to not meet her quota of plastic bag wasting, Jenn. Try to stay focused here...and by the way, didn't Santa bring you a reusable bag for Christmas? That would have really thrown her for a curve.
Would have actually been more funny if the lady thought that YOU were Latino. Now that would be a stretch.
Post a Comment