Tye and I love watching the Olympics. Both of us are winter sports fanatics (mainly skiing and snowboarding) and have been glued to the tv every night this last week and it doesn't look like that's gonna change for this upcoming week. The only things we don't watch are curling (BORING) and ice skating of any form. We are slightly addicted to speed skating though and have decided to name our firstborn child (boy or girl) Apolo Wonton OH-NO Jones. This is in honor of Apolo Anton Ohno. We didn't want to take his name all the way because we are pretty sure it has a copyright on it or something. I love the olympics because although some of the athletes get paid for what they do, it doesn't seem like the majority do. They do it because they love their sport and have dreamt of representing their country. Watching all the athletes makes me miss being an athlete, being in shape, and being a part of a team of people. I played sports of all shapes and sizes. And if you asked my mom, she would tell you that was true AND that I HAD to have all the gear that went with each sport. So not only did I play everything but I had a closet full of ball gloves, balls for various sports, uniforms, snowboard, rollerblades, roller skates, ball bats, etc. I had a bunch of stuff. That has carried on to today even though I'm not an athlete so much these days. I LOVE gear though. We have gear for just about everything. I'm a junky. The joke has been whenever I start a new activity is "Do you have the right shoes for that sport/activity?" That is my stumbling block. Shoes DO make the difference for various sports. Geez.
Really all this is to say in front of you, my blog readers, that this year I am going to get back in some sort of athletic shape. The goal is to do a mountain bike race or a 10k or something before the end of the year. I just want to take better care of myself.....eat better, workout, etc. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress of this happening.
1 comment:
Ok...can I just say this one thing as the aforementioned mom of the shoe addict???? HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU PLAY INDOOR SOCCER?!!! You had to have great indoor soccer shoes because?
Between the Starbucks, the Slurpees, and the gear...you need to start a 12 step program all your own. No, wait...that would require the right shoes again.
Post a Comment