Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Zoo Day!

In continuation of Alivia's 2nd Birthday (I know, birthdays at our house last many, many days......it's the best!) we headed to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. If you are ever in Colorado Springs, I suggest the Zoo. It's a really cool setting for a zoo and they have done a lot of work to it in order to make it even better than when we went as kids.
Chris and I were dropping in quarters for conservation. Apparently each track was labeled for a particular animal and by dropping in a quarter, you are voting for that animal. I missed that whole thing and voted for animals I didn't really even care about. Oh well!
In a bird habitat......you'd think the zoo could pick up the dead and dying.....hahhaha!

Alivia feeding the giraffes......or raffs, as she calls them.



Feeding more raffs.
Checking out the meerkats with Daddy.
Self portrait of Mom and I. It was a gorgeous day in the mountains.

Taking a snack break.

Having a blast riding the horsies!!

The zoo has a chair lift that takes you from the bottom of the zoo to the top. We took Alivia for a ride. It was a cool deal.

Modeling at the top.

Checking out the scenery with Daddy.

On the chair lift with Grammie.

The Raffs from the chair lift. Best view in the place.

No comments: