Today I went to the chiropractor. I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats about the topic of this post. Now just wait, it gets a lot better than "I went to the chiropractor." Of course. It's me for crying out loud. As you read this story, please keep in mind that I've had very little contact with other people besides my husband in the past month. It doesn't excuse all behavior but it does explain some of it.
So, back to my story. Today I went to the chiropractor for the obvious reasons: headache and my back felt like it was going to fall off the back of me. It has been very angry about no adjustments for the past few months plus the LONG moving truck ride to Washington. Angry.
I just randomly flipped through the Yellow Pages on my computer and picked a place to go. Didn't seem like there is a lot of variations on chiropractic medicine so any place would do. Found it.
I walked into the very nice office this morning and filled out the paperwork necessary for me to be adjusted. An important fact you must know about me this particular morning......I hadn't showered. I knew that the chiropractor would likely use a form of heat on me which always makes me sweat and I had some working out that I was going to do in the afternoon before I showered and got ready for my job interview. We'll just say that my hair looked like I took a canister of Vaseline and used it to keep my hair in place. Gross.
Anyways, I finished filling out my paperwork then the girl working the front desk walked me back to a room. We made small talk and she left, letting me know the Dr. would be with me in a few minutes. Fine. I pulled out my phone, did some texting and some Facebooking for a little while. My head was down and I wasn't paying attention to anything. The door opened and I heard someone say "hello". I looked up and almost fell off my chair. The most attractive man/doctor/whatever was in my room to work on my back. I will state this for all the world to hear right now. I LOVE my husband more than anything on the planet. Period. End of story. (He is completely aware of me making a fool of myself in the presence of this attractive chiropractor)
Attractive chiropractor to work on Jenn = Jenn being so dumb it's amusing. I had that stupid twisting my hair, tongue tied hilariousness that happens to Jr. High girls. "Oh really, my back being messed up would cause my back to hurt??" Ridiculous. We made it through the adjustment just fine.......well, he did. I cracked up laughing everytime he went to adjust me. Dumb. Then I got the need to tell him that I was interviewing for a job in a few hours and didn't know for sure when I could come back in next week for a follow up. What???? Did he need to know that?? Maybe I should have told him when I go to the bathroom or something like that. Oh, good grief. I payed for my appointment, went to my car, and hit my head against the steering wheel.
I may never show my face at that office ever again. It's a shame too......I actually feel a lot better after the adjustment.
Thank goodness I'm not out there trying to get someone to go out on a date with me. I am soo very thankful for my wonderful husband and the fact that he doesn't break up with me when I say that kind of stupid stuff to him. He's the best!!!
1 comment:
hahaha!
Post a Comment