Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Brave Endeavor

Last week was my niece's 2nd Birthday. My sister left my mom and I in charge of the theme and details of the family gathering to celebrate her birthday. Mom and I decided that we were going to go with a zoo animal theme since Alivia really loves animals of all kinds. We then set out on finding the perfect cake idea. I ran across a Betty Crocker video that showed the making of zoo animal cupcakes. I thought they looked so cute and fun. Plus, the video made it look easy enough for my dog to make them. I sent the video to Mom and it was a done deal. When I got into town last Friday night, we would make cupcakes for Alivia's birthday celebration the following day. It took 2 hours, a LOT of different supplies, and an incredible amount of patience. As you will see from the pictures, we aren't in the running for getting photographed for Betty's next cookbook.
It was late and Mom was mixing up a concoction of orange frosting for the lions and tigers. Oh my.
Mom is sort of hardcore.......plus, she chose the easiest of the four designs to accomplish, the lion. Didn't she do an awesome job?

The finished product. The one's on the sheet are the ligitimate designs, animals during the day, if you will. The one's on the counter........what the animals look like after dark.




A drunk looking tiger. It was HARD to make.


I have no idea what this is.


It was a great time and we ate a LOT of candy and laughed a LOT. Can't wait to see what we come up for Alivias' 3rd birthday.......

No comments: