Last Monday while grocery shopping with Tye, I received a phone call from a store in the mall (which will remain nAmEless) inviting me to come to an interview on Wednesday. I returned the call and said I could make it only to find out two interesting things about this interview: it was to be a group interview AND some sort of a fashion show. Now the store does sell clothing and I could see some fashion sense being important BUT I didn't think it would determine my ability to perform the duties they were asking. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. Finding out it was a bit of a fashion competition definitely knocked my interest in the job WAY down. So on Wednesday afternoon after about 4 different outfits, I headed to the interview. It is important to reveal that the store manager conducting the interviews was approx. 20 years of age. He looked and sounded like a High Schooler. He pointed me to the back of the store where the 7 other girls were waiting. As I arrived in the back I sized up the competition. There was mostly size 2's and 4's maybe some 6's but nothing over that. Until I arrived that is. My size 8 came strolling in proudly. Who says child birthin hips ain't hip?
The competition was your typical 5'5" blonde Barbie doll. At this I almost turned and walked right back out the store but something in me wanted to see what this was.
The interview took place in the vaulted ceiling food court. Vaulted ceiling means if I wasn't sitting in the managers lap, he wasn't hearing me. First question: if you had all the money in the world, where would you go on vacation? All the girls said beach. Spring Break 2010 baby!!!! I mixed up with a lot less sexy answer: fishing and camping in Alaska. Really, what do I have to lose? Not this job. I'm confident that my slightly trendy almost 30 year old body aren't what this store manager is looking for. When it was all said and done, it took 1 hour for 8 girls to answer 4 questions that had almost nothing to do with working. Ridiculous. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath for a call back.
No comments:
Post a Comment