Monday, January 25, 2010

Day Two Of A Journey to Washington

First off, I'd like to apologize for yesterday's picture that doesn't seem to be showing up at all. It's a picture of our UHaul truck. I'll attempt to get that fixed in a little bit. Although, I guess that most everyone has seen a UHaul truck in their lifetime. Maybe I won't fix it........
Today was an absolutely fabulous day of travel. We left from Bakersfield, California around 10 this morning and had a relatively uneventful drive in the Northward (yes, I just did that) direction.

Some highlights of todays travels:

*Princess walked into several glass doors at the hotel this morning. I believe this is because she's never seen one in her entire life.
*I drove a large truck and trailer (ours) for the first time in my life. A little nervous at first but did eventually ease into it......however, Tye did have to take over when there was the slightest thought of pulling it into a gas station or tight parking space.
*Running Princess thru the rain at a rest stop......It was just funny how FAR the pet area was from everything else.
*Eating at a Marie Calenders restaurant for the first time ever. Pretty good pie.
*We had a good laugh about how we have taken our entire house to dinner, to the bathroom, etc. It goes everywhere with us.
*Finally, being STRANDED in Redding, California. I've enclosed a map below for you to see just how close to the border we got.

Close but no cigar......although I could go for a cigar.....or maybe a drink.........ANYWAYS. We are stuck in Redding this evening because we didn't have snow tires or chains for our tires (Thanks for nothing, UHaul). They are turning away anyone who doesn't have one or both of those pieces of equipment. So, we are held up in a La Quinta Inn, enjoying pie, free wireless internet, and cable tv. I suppose it isn't all bad. We are just sitting here waiting for news on whether we can go forward with the current route or head a different direction. Either way, tonight we are safe and sound, which is all we could ask for.

No comments: