Sunday, August 2, 2009

Crazy......

I have a friend is trying to talk me into doing a half marathon with her in February. It's in Sedona. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful place to be..........maybe in a car or on a mountain bike or even in some hiking boots. I'm just not convinced that running thru Sedona for 12 MILES is the way to see it. If you are new to my blog let me bring you up to speed on my feelings on the subject of running. I HATE it. Now, I do it because it helps me maintain my pneumonia weight loss. I am recovering from a month of lung and energy sucking pneumonia. Pneumonia helped me drop 20 pounds. I have to do something to maintain that. Enter running and biking. I'm a maintainer not a distance runner but I think I may be convinced that I can train for this and complete it. Good thing the friend I'm running with is a nurse. She can get me pain killers for when they have to carry me off of the course from dying.
Here's to 7 months to train. Let me know if you have any awesome training tips........I'm gonna need em.

No comments: