About 3 or 4 weeks ago, our puppy, Princess, came down with a cough and started having some major trouble breathing. We spent all that weekend with her in and out of the vet only to find out that she had caught a bacterial infection that was eating her heart. It had already damaged one of her valves beyond repair. They gave her just a few weeks to live. Tye and I decided that the best decision for her was to put her to sleep the following weekend. That weekend came and Tye took Princess to the Columbia River for one awesome afternoon of swimming and fun. I don't tell you all this to make you sad. In fact, quite the opposite. In the midst of a super tough time, it's incredible to look at these pictures and see the joy in her eyes and the lack of fear about what would happen next. How often do we get stuck in the ugliness of our lives and forget about the joy that is there, especially in God? I know I get stuck in it a lot but I've recently been able to be more grateful for those things that bring joy to my life . I hope you will be able to do so also.
Here are some of the great pictures that Tye took of Princess that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment