Monday, September 14, 2009

California Trip Part #2

Ok. This is the second installment of photos from our California trip. We spent a lot of time at the beach but one day we decided to head over to Disneyland. Neither one of us had been in such a long time. It was fun to get to see things you saw as a kid. We laughed at how big things seemed when we were little but now they are so small.
This is main street Disney. (Mom, the castle is at the end) We went on a Thursday and it was perfect. Didn't have to wait very long to do anything.

This is on the Buzz Lightyear ride. I'm not that white in real life. I had gotten really sunburned the day before at the beach and thought I would lather up with sunscreen for our day at Disney. Evidently the sunscreen I had was super-thick. It stayed this thick most of the day. I looked stupid.

This was the first 'real' ride Tye took me on. I hate roller coasters. Or at least last time I rode them (20 years ago). I ended up liking the rides at Disneyland but the first time on this I screamed "Tye, I hate you!!!" thru the entire ride.

This is a diver on the Finding Nemo submarine ride. Really cool video work on this ride.

The Thundermountain Railroad. When I was there 20 years ago, I cried on the entire thing. I was soooo scared!! This time I rode it twice and thought it was a blast.
On the Matterhorn.

We both thought Matterhorn mountain was HUGE when we were there last. Not so much this time. It seemed really small.

The last ride of the day was the train around Disneyland. A great way to rest yourself. We were curious how far we would walk that day so we carried Tye's GPS watch with us. It was a total of 11 miles of walking. A good work out.

Huntington Pier from our hotel room.

Statue of a surfer.

The Queen Mary and a Russian Submarine.

Tye trying on some authentic Russian military gear looking for his comrads.

No comments: