Sunday, May 3, 2009

Whiskey Row Half-Marathon

Yesterday, Tye finally got to compete in his first ever half-marathon.  I say 'finally' because he has been trying to race for over a year and has been plagued by what seems like a million injuries.  He and his running partner, Greg, undertook the massively hard hills of Prescott.  One of them is actually at a 25% grade.  It's like a slow walk even though you are clearly running.  They both did great and shaved 20 minutes off of their practice time.  Tye came in 59th place out of over 400 runners.  I think he might be good at this.  Here are some pictures from yesterdays festivities.
Tye and Greg at the end of a well run race.

Tye as he was leaving to head to the starting line.  Looking good.
Amazingly, on mile 3, they were feeling well enough to flex for the photo while running.  (I would be dying and being angry that someone was taking a picture of me looking my worst)
Another goofy pose at mile 3.
Go boys!!!
Crossing the finish line at 1:52!!!!

No comments: