Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Impact

Last night, Tye and I went out to dinner with some really good friends.  It was a great evening of shooting the breeze, laughing, and sharing life together.  As we dropped them off at their home, I realized how thankful I was for friends like them.  They have seen us at our worst moments in marriage and have stuck with us.  They encourage us and build us up on a weekly basis.  Then I got to thinking about how their desire to help us get better at our marriage, has pushed us to impact others in the same way.  When someone impacts your life and helps you to change for the better, you can't help but share that experience with someone else who is struggling.  You do so because you have felt the benefit of it and you want someone else to feel that same benefit.  Several occasions have risen up in our life in the past few months that we have been able to encourage/support someone else because of what we have gone through.  And you are only able to do so, when someone else does that in your life.
Who has impacted your life and who have you gone on to impact?

No comments: