Wednesday, June 16, 2010

High School Camp

Hey everybody! Hope everyone's summer has started off well. Hopefully with lots of fun in the sun.
About a month ago I got a call from a good friend of mine at UCYC. He was in a major bind. UCYC runs a remote week long high school camp experience in Ojai Valley, CA. We have a partnership with Forest Home camps which allows us to rent their Ojai Valley facility for a week before their summer gets started. Anyways, back to the phone call. My friend, Chris needed someone to come out to CA and lead recreation for the week of camp and he wanted me to come and do it. So, I cleared my schedule and flew to Burbank America last Sunday for a week of camp. It was so nice to be in the sun, hanging out with friends, and being apart of the ministry that I love so much. I was nervous about being with High Schoolers since all I've done is Elementary aged camps bit it turned out to be awesome. I have a few pics from the week. Not great but some highlights nonetheless.



Ojai has an awesome outdoor ampitheatre where we gathered every night for session. There were 180 people here! This is Jim speaking on the first night. Jim Burgen and Brian Davis, the worship leader for the week, are from Flatirons Church in Boulder, CO. It's an amazing church doing amazing things. Check them out!



We haven't even seen these in Washington yet. Morning Mr. Snail.



A nice lazy morning in Holohan's hammock. He spent almost every night sleeping in that instead of a bed. He even fell out one night.



We spent a lot of time eating in Ventura (few minutes from Ojai). Every night we went to eat pizza at Jimmy's Slice. But no trip to Cali is complete without a stop at In N Out. I miss their burgers and fries!



Wednesday night rec: a giant four-way color team relay race. So funny watching super competitive HS students do old school relays.



The beach in Ventura. It was beautiful! California beaches are awesome.

Thanks camp for a wonderful week! So glad I could come be apart of your ministry again!

No comments: