Friday, November 28, 2008

First Thanksgiving at Home

For as long as we have been married, we have traveled for all the holidays. This year we just travel for Christmas and have Thanksgiving at home in Prescott. Although we missed our family (and their ability to cook a flawless Thanksgiving dinner) we had a blast having our good friends, the Holohan's over for a Thanksgiving feast.
Being that it was our first attempt at this meal on our own, we did run into some turkey complications. I got the turkey out of the wrapper and proceeded to follow the directions on the package. 1. Remove bag and neck from the inside of the turkey. Great. No problem. I reached in and found the bag, removed it, then began looking for the neck. Nothing. Couldn't find it. I got Tye out of bed and had him try to find it.
That's right. He couldn't find it either. So, with time running short, we decided that no one was going to die if we cooked the neck in the turkey. I was also making my great grandmother's bread. It is the best bread in the world (if you want the recipe, you'll have to bribe me to get it. hahha) It also makes 1,000 pounds of dough. It overtook the house to the point that I was calling people to see if they would take some. It took a few hours but we eventually got it narrowed down to this:

Thanks, Great Grammie for an amazing recipe passed down. Everyone loved it.

Well, everything ended up just fine on our first attempt. The Holohan's came over and we enjoyed a feast for 30 people. (Did I mention that at times Rachel can eat for 30?)

We are really thankful this year for family, great friends, jobs that we love, and God just continuing to bless us to the point where we can bless others. We hope all of you had a wonderful day yesterday with your friends and family.

No comments: