Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mt. Hood Mountain Biking

This past Sunday, Tye and I packed up the mountain bikes and all the gear to go with (by the way, this is not like a few things. We have to bring a HUGE plastic tub full of all the gear for a few hours of mountain biking. It's like packing for Europe.) We drove up to Ski Bowl, which is a ski resort at the base of Mt. Hood. We had read that you can ride the lifts up to the top and ride your bike down great trails to the bottom. Well, I would use the word "great" loosely. They weren't nearly as impressive as the website made you think but needless to say we had a great time tooling around on something other than pavement. Here are some photos:

I know, I know. You've seen Mt. Hood 100 times on this blog. Well, this is a different side of it and I don't care.


The timer on our camera works well. A super shot of us looking awesome and hardcore.

Yes, my husband is THAT cool and yes, he jumped off this huge rock several times.

This has been an obstacle I've wanted to do forever but chicken out all the time. This is riding on plank bridges.

This drop was the scariest of all. Several feet to the ground off the bridge on either side. Took about 15 trys of talking myself into it before I finally did it!!

And then off to the next obstacle that I normally chicken out on: jumps of this magnatude. Did those also.

Oh wait, so did Tye...........Everyone at the park gathered around to watch him jump these series of three jumps. We all stood with our mouths open catching bugs.

A very stylish new hairdo. Sweaty helmet head. Awesome.

No comments: